Creating a One-of-a-Kind Casket with a Casket Wrap
When making plans with funeral homes in Columbia, SC. for your loved one’s arrangements, one of the important decisions you will have is what type of casket to choose. Not only that but you will want to ensure that it has a design and look that reflects your loved one and who they were. One way to do this is with a casket wrap. Now, if you are not familiar with this term, you are not alone. Keep reading as we talk about the casket wraps and how they can make for a truly unique casket.
What is a Casket Wrap?
A casket wrap is a piece of vinyl that has been designed with a pattern, logo, portrait of the deceased or any other image the family requests. You have maybe seen these types of wraps before on commercial trucks and cars.
The piece of vinyl is then applied to the casket with a process that gives the illusion of the actual casket itself being printed with the image. With the wrap being able to be so personalized, it is a very effective way to make the casket truly unique to your loved one.
Why Families May Choose a Casket Wrap?
One reason that families may choose to have their loved one’s casket adorned with a vinyl wrap is that it can allow the family to create a truly one-of-a-kind casket for their loved one. With just about any image being able to applied, one family could have a casket that has a background pattern of flowers while another family may choose to have an image of a flag covering the casket.
And although there is the cost of the vinyl wrap, families may also be able to save a little money. They can do this by choosing a less expensive material for the casket since it will be covered by the wrap.
Casket Wrap Process: How Does it Work?
While you can purchase casket wraps from a number of various dealers, the process for designing and installing them is fairly the same. The typical order will go something like:
- Communication- Contacting the company and talking with them about things like the date and location of the service is an important first step as it ensures the wrap can be designed and delivered in time.
- Placing Your Order- Once you and the provider have agreed on the timeframe and any other issues, you will place your order either online or over the phone with them.
- Design- Most providers will have options of stock images and designs you can use as well as offer customized designs. You will work with the provider and create the design. You may need to provide digital images or photographs to the provider.
- Printing- The provider will then print the casket wrap on the vinyl material.
- Shipping- If the provider is not local, they will then ship the wrap to your location.
- Installing- Local providers will then apply the wrap to the casket. If the provider is not local, they will typically have a local 3rd party installer to apply the wrap.
Creating a unique casket is a wonderful way to make your loved one’s funeral truly unique and give them a resting vessel that shows who they were and conveys your love for them. As directors of funeral homes in Columbia, SC., we are here and available to answer any questions you may have about caskets or how to personalize your loved one’s services.