Phone: (803) 408-8711
Coping With Grief: Where to Find Support
Grief and the loss of a loved one can be an extremely challenging thing to get through. Your world may feel like it has been flipped upside down and you simply don’t know which way is up. It is during this time that finding help and support can make all the difference in working through this grief in a healthy way. Luckily there are several types and places where you can find help. Directors of funeral homes in Columbia, SC. share where you can find the support you need.
Online Grief Support
In this digital age, you can find just about anything online and grief support is no different. There are a variety of channels and outlets for this support which makes it accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Some of the most common that people turn to are:
- Virtual Groups- These groups are held much like that of in-person groups except they are done virtually with video conferencing software or some other platform. They are held at specific days and times but allow more flexibility as anyone can join from any location.
- Blogs-Blogs can be a great place to turn for support. This is because they will typically have articles and posts that share helpful tips and information as well as have a forum or comment section that allows you to interact with others who are also grieving
- Social Media- Social media can be another good place to turn as many, such as Facebook, host a place for online groups. These group are not set up with a certain time or date but rather are open forum and place to chat whenever you feel.
- YouTube- YouTube is the largest search engine after Google. This means that when you search grief support you can find a wide range of videos from experts and professionals sharing tips, resources, and information to help you.
Online support can be a wonderful option as it can be accessed from your home or office easily. This means there is no travel time and you are not limited to help in your local area, but can reach out and acquire help from all over the world.
In-Person Grief Support
If you would rather have the personal support where you can interact with people face-to-face, you should consider in-person support groups. Some of the most common being support groups and private counseling.
- Support Groups- Support groups offer a wonderful opportunity to be surrounded by those who feel similar to you. Sharing your feelings and grief and hearing about theirs can help you understand you are not alone and what you are feeling is valid. These groups can be found by contacting hospitals, churches, and even the city as many hold groups as part of community activities and outreach programs.
- Private Counseling – While group settings can be great, some people may prefer to keep their feelings more private. This is where one-on-one counseling can be very beneficial. This can be done with a therapist or a grief counselor. These sessions are private and the grief professional will be able to get to know you on more of a personal level to help you work through and process your feelings
After your loved one’s services from funeral homes in Columbia, SC. you may be experiencing all types of feelings and emotions. Know that you do not have to navigate them alone. From online to in-person, there are several options for grief counseling that can help you through this challenging time. If you need further resources, please reach out to us as we can direct you to additional support.
Eco-Friendly Cremation Alternatives to Traditional Burial
Exploring Eco-Friendly Options at Funeral Homes
Comforting Cremation Services
How to Choose a Final Resting Place for Your Loved One
Your Short Overview of Porcelain Memorial Portraits
Maintenance and Care of Your Loved One’s Gravesite
Documents Before Parents Pass
Creating a One-of-a-Kind Casket with a Casket Wrap
How Do Military Honors Work with Cremation?
Funeral Service: Religious or Secular?